Media CenterInstructor: Marie Rowland
Welcome to the Menlo School Media Center. The media center is a place for children to read books, check out books, and do research. Available for check out in the media center are easy books, fiction books, non-fiction books, and reference books. Students may also access the Internet from the media center. The Accelerated Reader program is available for students to take quizzes. The Surpass Safari program is available for students to access when looking for books and other materials in the media center.
1. Be polite, courteous, and respectful at all times.
2. Whisper while in the media center at all times.
3. No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the media center.
4. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
5. Walk to and from as well as inside the Media Center.
6. Take care of the books that you check out from the media center.
7. Return your books on time.
The mission of the Menlo School Media Center is to create an inviting environment to all patrons in helping them to develop a lasting relationship with the library as a place to find wonderful books, to encourage students to read and explore the world through books, and to assist students and teachers in becoming lifelong learners and users of information and technology.
Students are the primary focus of the school library media program. Partnership with teachers is vital in order to achieve the full utilization of the school library media program. Literacy is essential to the success of the individual, the family, and society. Access to information and ideas is necessary in helping develop human potential. Members of the school community should have access to …